Have you brought your patio furniture out of storage yet? Many of you may have noticed an amount of dirt & uncleanliness on your furniture that has kept you from enjoying patio sitting in this warmer beautiful weather. We want you to enjoy some relaxing time on furniture, such as the Woodard set above. Here are some tips for cleaning your cushions so that they’re like brand new & ready for all the time you want to spend outdoors eating great food & enjoying great company.
Steps To Cleaning Your Patio Cushions
- Mix together 1 tsp. dishwashing detergent & 1 tsp. Borax in 1 quart warm water. Put the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Generously saturate the cushions on both sides with the solution. Do not be frugal — it will clean off the mold and mildew. Be sure to get all the crevices and creases. The more you put on now, the less you will have to do when you wash it off.
- Let the cleaning solution sit for 15 minutes. Then with the garden hose on high, spray the cushions thoroughly to knock the dirt & cleaning solution off the cushions. Stand the cushions up on edge to let them dry to just damp.
- Spray the cushions with a fabric protector. This will both protect them & make them easier to clean in the future.
- Most of the time, canvas can be machine washed and then put back on the furniture while it is damp to stretch the material back into shape. However, if you can’t remove the canvas, use a scrub brush and rub it across bar soap & then rub the brush back & forth on the canvas. You may have to do this a few times — don’t be afraid to really lather it up.
- Once you get the canvas nice &clean, take the hose or a spray bottle & rinse it off.
- Put it all back together & finally relax on your squeaky clean patio furniture!
Source: http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-clean-patio-furniture-cushions-and-canvas/index.htmlPrevious Next